The Spring 2014-15 After School Activity Season is April 6 through June 5. Most classes run from 3PM-4PM. We cannot provide childcare for siblings/friends waiting for someone enrolled in an after school class. This is a safety concern.
No classes are held on days when students do not attend school. Some classes differ from these official dates, so please check dates. For classes offered by Ridgecrest staff, sign-up opens Tuesday, March 17 and closes Friday, March 20 @ 6PM. Other classes may have online/paper registration and different due dates.
At the end of each class, students are released to a parent or guardian or after care program, or walk home with permission. Repeated late pick-up (more than 5 minutes after the end of class) may result in the student being dropped from the class.
Online registration is available at the After School Activities page.
Ridgecrest Staff Classes:
- 2nd, 3rd & 4th Grade IXL (Monday and/or Tuesday) (grades 2, 3, & 4)
- Boys Club (grades 3, 4, 5, & 6)
- Flag Football (grades 5 & 6)
- K-2 Puzzles and Games (grades K, 1 & 2)
- Walking Club (grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6)
- Play-Well LEGO Engineering – PTA
- register online: http://play-well.org/wschedule/class/#/class/list/county/King/county_id/999/type/class
- April 8-June 3
- Jazz Band – see Mr. Ashbrook
Over the past year the Shoreline School District has been keeping a close watch on our increasing enrollment. While this is a positive sign after many years of declining enrollment this trend does present some challenges to our schools. As a result of:
- Increased enrollment
- Space constraints particularly at the elementary level
- Anticipated future growth
the Shoreline School District has carefully come to the following decision:
In accordance with Policy 3141 and 3141P, in which admittance of non-resident students shall take into consideration classroom and program capacity to serve and not diminish educational opportunities and services to students of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park residents, the Shoreline School District is now closed to new non-resident boundary transfer applications for grades K-6 for the 2015-16 school year.
Current students with non-resident boundary transfers for the 2014-15 school year will be allowed to continue to attend the Shoreline School District unless the family moves or admission is revoked for the reasons identified in the notice of acceptance. The District will reevaluate enrollment capacity prior to the beginning of the 2015-16 school year. At that time siblings of students with current non-resident boundary exceptions will be given priority should space become available.
The District will continue to honor all statutory and contractual obligations relating to non-resident boundary transfer applications for the children of District employees.
We hope you enjoy your winter break. Friday, December 19, will be a regular dismissal day (at 3pm). School will resume on Monday, January 5, 2015!!
After dismissal on Friday, December 19 from 3pm-5pm, stop by Menchie’s at Gateway Plaza, 18336 Aurora Ave N, and have a beginning of winter break yogurt! When you pay, mention that you are from Ridgecrest and 20% of your purchase will go to help this year’s 6th graders get to Camp Caber.
Winter activity registration is now closed.
The Winter 2014-15 Season is January 12 through March 20. Most classes run from 3PM-4PM. We cannot provide childcare for siblings/friends waiting for someone enrolled in an after school class.
At the end of each class, students are released to a parent or guardian or after care program, or walk home with permission. Repeated late pick-up may result in the student being dropped from the class.
Ridgecrest Staff Classes:
- * 3rd and 4th Grade IXL – Mondays & Tuesdays (grades 3 & 4)
* Boys Basketball – Fridays (grades 5 & 6)
* Doctor Who Club – Tuesdays (grades 4, 5, 6)
* Fitness Games Grades K-1 – Mondays (grades K & 1)
* Fitness Games Grade 2 – Thursdays (grade 2)
* Girls Basketball – Tuesdays (grades 4, 5, 6)
* Puzzles and Games – Tuesdays (grades 3 & 4)
* Spanish Mondays – Mondays (grades K-6)
- Chess Club – PTA
- Girls on the Run – contact Ms. Barnard
- Math Olympiad – PTA
- Seattle Littlest Performers – PTA
Mulan Musical - contact Mrs. Early
Online registration for Fall After School Activities is now closed. More classes will be offered in January.
Families can register their students for after school classes from Tuesday, Sept. 30 through Friday, October 3, for the Fall season (Oct. 12-Dec. 12). Registering using the online Google Form does not guarantee acceptance into the class, as some classes have size limits. Some students may be placed on a waiting list in case of openings. Permission slips and Overload/Waiting List notices will be sent home next week.
Several classes are being offered by the Ridgecrest staff and the PTA.
- 5/6 Dodgeball
- Doctor Who Club
- Fitness Games (6 sessions, Oct. 16-Nov. 20)
- Knit a Scarf
- Spanish Mondays
- Practice Pals (see Mr. Ashbrook for more information)
- Chess (contact the PTA for more information)