We hope you enjoy your winter break. Friday, December 19, will be a regular dismissal day (at 3pm). School will resume on Monday, January 5, 2015!!
After dismissal on Friday, December 19 from 3pm-5pm, stop by Menchie’s at Gateway Plaza, 18336 Aurora Ave N, and have a beginning of winter break yogurt! When you pay, mention that you are from Ridgecrest and 20% of your purchase will go to help this year’s 6th graders get to Camp Caber.
Winter activity registration is now closed.
The Winter 2014-15 Season is January 12 through March 20. Most classes run from 3PM-4PM. We cannot provide childcare for siblings/friends waiting for someone enrolled in an after school class.
At the end of each class, students are released to a parent or guardian or after care program, or walk home with permission. Repeated late pick-up may result in the student being dropped from the class.
Ridgecrest Staff Classes:
- * 3rd and 4th Grade IXL – Mondays & Tuesdays (grades 3 & 4)
* Boys Basketball – Fridays (grades 5 & 6)
* Doctor Who Club – Tuesdays (grades 4, 5, 6)
* Fitness Games Grades K-1 – Mondays (grades K & 1)
* Fitness Games Grade 2 – Thursdays (grade 2)
* Girls Basketball – Tuesdays (grades 4, 5, 6)
* Puzzles and Games – Tuesdays (grades 3 & 4)
* Spanish Mondays – Mondays (grades K-6)
- Chess Club – PTA
- Girls on the Run – contact Ms. Barnard
- Math Olympiad – PTA
- Seattle Littlest Performers – PTA
Mulan Musical - contact Mrs. Early
Online registration for Fall After School Activities is now closed. More classes will be offered in January.
Families can register their students for after school classes from Tuesday, Sept. 30 through Friday, October 3, for the Fall season (Oct. 12-Dec. 12). Registering using the online Google Form does not guarantee acceptance into the class, as some classes have size limits. Some students may be placed on a waiting list in case of openings. Permission slips and Overload/Waiting List notices will be sent home next week.
Several classes are being offered by the Ridgecrest staff and the PTA.
- 5/6 Dodgeball
- Doctor Who Club
- Fitness Games (6 sessions, Oct. 16-Nov. 20)
- Knit a Scarf
- Spanish Mondays
- Practice Pals (see Mr. Ashbrook for more information)
- Chess (contact the PTA for more information)
Our PTA’s biggest fundraiser of the year is fast approaching. The walkathon is set for October 3rd on our playfield from 2:00-4:00 with dinner after your student is done walking (let’s hope for sun!)
Pledge sheets went out with our PTA packets the second week of school so hopefully your child is working hard getting lots of pledges. Our PTA is hoping to raise $16,000, which equals to about $30 per student.
You can download the paperwork here:
Please take notice of the dates to turn in everything:
- BUS RIDER RELEASE – Turn in by FRIDAY Sept 26th
PLEDGE SHEETS – Turn in Signed Sheets by TUESDAY Sept 30th
Pledge money will be due by October 24th in order to be eligible for prizes.
Important Dates and Information:
- Class Lists Posted Fri, 8/29 after 4pm
Lists will be posted on the front doors by teacher name. Only students’ first name (and last initial if needed) will be printed.
- RC Walk Through Tues, 9/2, 2-3pm
This is an opportunity for you and your child to walk through the school, find your new classroom, meet the teacher, drop off school supplies and chat with your classmates.
- First Day of School grades 1-6 Wed, 9/3, 8:40am-3pm
In the Shoreline School District, all kindergartners have a staggered first day of school to allow students to adjust to the new environment, be introduced to classroom routine and socialize in a smaller group.
Here is the RC schedule:
- First Day for Kindergartners Last name A-L Wed, 9/3, 8:40am-3pm
- Please note: (M-Z Kindergartners stay home)
- First Day for Kindergartners Last name M-Z Thurs, 9/4, 8:40am-3pm
- Please note: (A-L Kindergartners stay home)
Our school hours have changed just a bit. First bell rings at 8:35am; Tardy bell at 8:40am; Dismissal at 3pm.
- Back to School BBQ Fri, 9/5, 5-7pm
We are all excited to get the year started. See you next week…GO RAMS!