Opens May 8….see our current production and tickets tabs for more info!!
Visit our facebook for up-to-the-minute info.
Shorecrest Drama’s Winter Play Festival is just around the corner! We have 9 short plays written and directed by students to present to you. Performances are on January 31st and February 1st at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. in the Black Box. Tickets are on sale now for $7 at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/559086. Seating is limited so buy your tickets before it’s too late! See you there!
Students, come to the black box at lunch next Monday, September 9 for an informational meeting about “Harvey” auditions. Mr. Kidd will go over expectations for auditions, offer pointers on what a great audition looks like, answer questions about the show, and more!
AUDITIONS FOR FALL PLAY
By: Mary Chase
WHERE: SC Black Box
WHEN: Wednesday September 11th—After School.
Call Backs will be Thursday September 12th
WHAT TO PREPARE:
Want to read the play? It’s available for perusal in the library. You can’t take it home, but you can visit it and get a sense of the show during the school day and after school.
Take an audition side and prepare it. That means you should know the words well enough to either be memorized or not need to look at them too much. It’s okay to audition with the script in your hands. There will be a reader in the room. The reader will read the lines of the other character for your audition.
Audition appointments can be made on the SC Drama Callboard next to the black box when the sign-up sheet is posted. Arrive on the 11th after school prepared to fill out an audition application.
REHEARSALS AND PERFORMANCES: Rehearsals will begin September 13 and continue until November 13. Performances will be the week of November 11. November 11 is a holiday and will be a mandatory rehearsal day. There are several Saturday rehearsals, and all day rehearsals during the Veterans day holiday. The show will close November 23 (the weekend before Thanksgiving). To be considered for the play you need to be available for all these days. There are also several non-student days that will be required.
Things you should know:
- We are asking for a meal fee, to help cover the cost of dinners—served twice during tech. (More details of this will be coming. It will be in the $30/person range for the show.)
- We rehearse after school most days and some Saturdays (TBD) starting at the end of September into November. There will be a few late nights in November.
- You need to be able to commit your time to this production. Some conflicts may be accommodated, but I will deal with each on a case by case basis, and nothing is guaranteed. This is a major project, and will be a big part of your life in the fall.
- This script has approximately 12 roles, but that number will be expanded due to the addition of several non-speaking characters.
- Callbacks will be after school . No preparation is required, as we will be doing cold reading from the script.
- Every cast member is required to contribute 10 production hours outside of rehearsal. This is non-negotiable. Details will be provided.
We are excited to announce that Shorecrest Drama’s Fall Play will be…
Mary Chase’s Pulitzer Prize-winning comedy, HARVEY!
Copies of the play will be available in the SC Library, and everyone is encouraged to read this hilarious ensemble piece, featuring a diverse collection of quirky characters. Interested in auditioning? More info may be found shortly on this very website and callboard.
Welcome back to school (soon), and go, SC Drama!