Attention Juniors: Are you interested in applying to serve as the Student Representative to the Shoreline School District School Board?
This coming school year, the Shoreline School District will continue the tradition of having student representatives to the School Board. One student from each high school attends two board meetings each month, (Monday nights) alternating semesters sitting on the board or in the audience. It is the job of the student to represent their peers’ interests to the board as well as the board’s interests to fellow students.
To apply for the position of student representative to the school board for the 2016-2017 school year, students must:
– Be a senior, member of the class of 2017.
– Have above a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
– Be enrolled in at least 4 classes at Shorewood per semester for the 2016-2017 school year.
– Complete and turn in an application packet by the deadline of Tuesday, June 14, 2016, 3:00 PM to Elaine Swanson, Assistant Principal. An application packet consists of:
1. A copy of the applicant’s unofficial transcript.
2. A copy of the applicant’s attendance record.
3. Thoughtful and complete answers to the questions listed below.
4. Names of two Shorewood staff members available as references.
5. Phone number and email address
– Attend a meeting with the District Superintendent, Rebecca Miner, on Friday, May 27, during SAS.
– Be available for an interview the week of June 20th – 24th. Applicants will be notified with further information after applications are turned in.
Please be sure all application materials are clearly marked with the applicant’s name. If you have any further questions about the position or the application process, please speak to Ms. Elaine Swanson, Assistant Principal.
Questions for the application packet:
1. What do you see as the role of the student representative to the school board?
2. Why are you interested in this position?
3. Why do you feel you are qualified?
4. Please list the other activities you plan on being involved in for the 2016-2017 school year and the time commitment for each. (This includes school clubs, sports, work, etc.)
All materials are due by Tuesday, June 14th, 2016, by 3:00 PM to the Main Office. Good luck!