Hi Syre Families,
Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBAC) are the next generation of student assessment and will replace the MSP inWashington State. All students in grades 3 – 6 will take the test in both mathematics and English language arts/literacy.In addition, 5th grade will take the Science MSP this year.
Our school plans to administer the tests on April 7th- May 29th. Please limit out of school times, specifically on the dates your child is testing. The testing schedule and makeup dates are provided here. It is complicated and difficult to make up these tests. All of the assessments will begin at 9:15 am and students will be provided the entire day if necessary.
If you have any questions regarding the upcoming MSP, please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher, Mrs.Carroll, or the school assessment coordinator, Heidi Alexander (email@example.com).
Thank you for your support and understanding, Syre Staff
Here’s What’s Happening for the Week of March 16, 2015
THIS WEEK AT SYRE
- Mar. 16 – Lost and Found: Any items remaining donated at 4pm.
- Mar. 18 – 6th grade Honor Band Concert 7:30 at Einstein
- Mar. 19 – Last day to turn in Enrichment Registration
- Mar. 20 – End of 2nd Trimester
LOOKING AHEAD Continue reading
Here’s What’s Happening for the Week of March 2, 2015
THIS WEEK AT SYRE
- Mar. 2 – Last Call for Yearbook Orders
- Mar. 2-6 – Support Staff Appreciation Week
- Mar. 3 – PTA Speaker Amy Lang at Briarcrest Elem. 7pm.
- March 4- Author, David Patneaude, visit with 4th and 5th Grade
- Mar. 5 – Global Reading Challenge-District Competition
- Mar. 5 – Westside Choral/6th Grade Honor Choir Festival 7pm at Shorewood H.S.
- March 6- Author, Royce Buckingham, visit with 6th Grade
- March 11- Author, Eric Ode, visit with K-3
On Tuesday, March 3, there is a PTA sponsored guest speaker scheduled to co-present to the Syre and Briarcrest families at Briarcrest Elementary 7 p.m. in the gymnasium. Amy Lang, an excellent local speaker, will present to parents about how to help take the sting out of talking to kids about the birds and the bees. You can learn more about Ms. Lang and her presentation here. I hope you can join me for this wonderful event!
Hello Syre Families, Special Note- A pink heart shaped lunchbox type of bag was misplaced today. The bag is full of diabetes supplies for one of our students. Please take a moment to check your child’s backpack and lunch box to make … Continue reading
Over the past year the Shoreline School District has been keeping a close watch on our increasing enrollment. While this is a positive sign after many years of declining enrollment this trend does present some challenges to our schools. As a result of:
- Increased enrollment
- Space constraints particularly at the elementary level
- Anticipated future growth
the Shoreline School District has carefully come to the following decision:
In accordance with Policy 3141 and 3141P, in which admittance of non-resident students shall take into consideration classroom and program capacity to serve and not diminish educational opportunities and services to students of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park residents, the Shoreline School District is now closed to new non-resident boundary transfer applications for grades K-6 for the 2015-16 school year.
Current students with non-resident boundary transfers for the 2014-15 school year will be allowed to continue to attend the Shoreline School District unless the family moves or admission is revoked for the reasons identified in the notice of acceptance. The District will reevaluate enrollment capacity prior to the beginning of the 2015-16 school year. At that time siblings of students with current non-resident boundary exceptions will be given priority should space become available.
The District will continue to honor all statutory and contractual obligations relating to non-resident boundary transfer applications for the children of District employees.
Here’s What’s Happening for the Week of Feb. 9, 2015 THIS WEEK AT SYRE Feb. 9 – Group pictures and candids for the yearbook Feb. 9-13 Friendship Grams/Student Store Feb. 10 – Last day for Cookie Dough Fundraiser Orders … Continue reading
Take a test drive at Campbell Nelson Nissan Volkswagon, and earn $10 for our kids!
Now through March 31st Campbell Nelson is pledging $100 per test drive to Shoreline Public Schools Foundation, for anyone who brings a Golden Ticket to the dealership, up to a total of $10,000 (there are only 100 golden tickets)!
1. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail you a Golden Ticket.
2. Bring your Golden Ticket to Campbell Nelson when you take your test drive, and give it to your salesperson.
3. Be sure to take your test drive before March 31, 2015.
Please note: Limit one Golden Ticket per household.